Saturday, April 7, 2012

Priscille Canivet







I’ve known Priscille Canivet for ever, and always thought “she has something “. She proves it making her first collection a real success. For those that don’t know her yet, here is Priscille Canivet in 4 questions:



So, explain to us , what is your background? Did you always know you would be a designer?

Yes, I always knew I would be !
But my background is a bit different than most… I chose to study Architecture and Design to think with a different eye, and I learned so much, but something was missing… I designed Couture gowns,on the side,for private clients so it seemed logical to create my own Couture brand! Luckily, I also worked in Haute Couture Ateliers in Paris which helped me a lot! The goal is to use the best quality fabrics, mostly from France and the Couture “savoir-faire” techniques, to exquisitely fit and emphasize the beauty of women’s bodies… 

What is the inspiration for your first collection?
“Arsene Lupin” He is a popular french fiction character from the early 1900’s, also know as the “Gentlemen Burglar”. As a mentor,he inspires 5 contemporary women.  Under his influence, they penetrate high society events, by the Parisian rooftops and swap valuable objects and jewelry from one guest to another, for the thrill of it.  Cheeky, elegant, audacious, feminine, with “dandyism” those petites voleuses just want to have fun!

If you had to choose a favorite piece in your collection, which would it be?
Ha! I think it’s the Ottoman Dress cover with chain and the drape mousseline…

Which designers do you admire?
Yves Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Karl Largerfeld … 

priscille@priscillecanivet.com
Visit PRISCILLE CANIVET facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment